Student Health Center
The Student Health Center
is a modern, on-campus, outpatient medical center. Through its staff of qualified physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners, the Health Center diagnoses and treats minor injuries, and new or ongoing illnesses. Services include primary care, select specialty care, routine laboratory services, x-ray, pharmacy services, advice on health-related issues, and referral to medical specialists when necessary.
You are not required to have the University sponsored health insurance plan
in order to use the services of the Student Health Center. All full-time undergraduate, full-time graduate, full-time day law students, and all other students who have paid the University Fee are eligible for care at the Health Center. If you have not paid the University fee and want to use the Health Center you may pay a Health Center Fee. Spouses may also pay a Health Center Fee to become eligible for care at the Health Center. Please contact Maria Zayas
((305)243-6406) in the Office of Graduate Studies for the current fee rates for graduate students enrolled in programs at the School of Medicine.
A new wellness center is opening on the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine campus. Full time employees, faculty, staff, and students of the University of Miami are all eligible to join with a membership fee. Amenities include:
- 15,000 square-foot fitness room with the latest in weight training and cardiovascular equipment
- Three spacious aerobic/group exercise studios featuring high-tech sound systems
- Private menís and womenís locker room, including full-length lockers, showers, and wet/dry saunas
- A therapy pool for rehabilitative exercise, group exercise classes, and individual training
- Indoor cycling room to get your heart pumping
- Juice Bar to quench your thirst after a workout or to enjoy a nutritious meal on your lunch hour
- Spa area to enjoy a break from every day stress, and indulge in a relaxing massage, facial, or manicure/pedicure