1) L. Zhang, Q. Zhang, K. Jones, M. Patel and F. Gong. 2009. The chromatin remodeling factor BRG1 stimulates nucleotide excision repair by facilitating recruitment of XPC to sites of DNA damage. Cell Cycle. 8(23). Epub
2) F. Gong, D. Fahy, H. Liu, W. Wang and M. Smerdon. 2008. Role of the mammalian SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex in the cellular response to UV damage. Cell Cycle 7(8): 1069-1076.
3) F. Gong, D. Fahy and M. Smerdon. 2006. Rad4–Rad23 interaction with SWI/SNF links ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling with nucleotide excision repair. Nature Structural & Molecular Biology 13: 902 – 907 (paper of the month).
4) F. Gong and C. Yanofsky. 2002. Instruction of translating ribosome by nascent peptide. Science, 297: 1864-7.
5) F. Gong, K. Ito, Y. Nakamura and C. Yanofsky. 2001. The mechanism of tryptophan induction of tryptophanase operon expression: tryptophan inhibits release factor 2 mediated cleavage of TnaC-peptidyl-tRNAPro. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 98(16): 8997-9001.